Cipriani Events - Creative Director


The Client: McGarry Bowen, International Advertising Agency, NYC Christmas Celebration

The Directive:
To celebrate the smash hit movie Moulin Rouge.

The Process: For this event for McGarry Bowen’s Christmas celebration, I chose the iconic and classy Cipriani at 25 Broadway in downtown Manhattan.

I went about New York City seeking dozens of trained actors to be our wait staff, cigarette sellers, and bartenders, serving cocktails from vintage recipe books. I clothed each one in film-close-up-ready costumes all sourced and fitted by my connections in the film and TV industry.

To complete the fantasy, I rented several dozen wardrobe ensembles for the guests who may have come looking a bit, well…not the part.

The entertainment was a large jazz ensemble and Broadway vocalists singing swinging jazz standards. Once the DJ took over the massive dance floor was covered in the most stylish guests and staff enjoying the beautiful venue until the wee hours.










Comments